Monday, August 13, 2012

Versatile Vinaigrette

I have been making this vinaigrette just about weekly all summer long. I originally made it to go on steak but then I realized it was also great with green beans. After that I tried in on salad and tonight I had it on roasted vegetables with feta and served over brown rice- #MeatlessMonday. I think it would be perfect on chicken or pork and with just about any vegetables- broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, etc, etc. It is tangy with the Dijon mustard, vinegar and garlic. I love it and plan to keep making it all year long!


Dijon Vinaigrette

1 garlic clove, diced
1/2 shallot, diced
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
salt
pepper
herbs (optional)

Place the garlic and shallot in a small bowl or jar. Add the mustard, vinegar and olive oil. Whisk (or cover jar and shake) until mixture comes together. Season with salt and pepper. Add herbs of your choice if desired (tonight I added fresh thyme and parsley). Drizzle over food and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails