I served our burgers on thin buns but English muffins would also work great for these. Along side we had crispy kale chips. We are ready for summer! Enjoy!
2 5oz cans white tuna, caned in water, drained
1 tbsp capers, chopped
handful of fresh, flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 shallot, diced
1/2 cup breadcrumbs or panko
1/4 cup mayonnaise (I used Lemonaise)
dash of soy sauce (1-2 tsp)
2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
4 oz cheddar or other mild cheese, sliced
4 tomato slices
4 buns, thin-buns, English muffins, toasted
1. Combine tuna, capers, parsley, shallot, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, soy sauce and old bay seasoning. Break up any large pieces of tuna and combine until mixture begins to hold together.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large pan over medium heat. Coat the bottom of the pan with cooking oil (I used grapeseed)
3. Form tuna mixture into 4 burgers and cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes per side
4. Top burgers with cheese and allow to melt.
5. Spread more mayonnaise on bun (if desired). Top with lettuce, tomato and burger