Sunday, July 14, 2013

$30 for 30 years


My 30th birthday is less than 2 weeks away. This is kind of a big one for me- leaving my 20s is hard! As I am reaching this ripe, old age (!) I know that I want to spend the next 30+ years focusing on others as much as I can. One organization that I believe in and want to support is charity: water. They help to bring clean water to people around the world. Everyone deserves access to clean water and I want to help! Millions of kids around the world don't live to see their fifth birthday because they don't have access to clean, safe drinking water. We can help change that.
I'm asking for my age in dollars from everyone I know (or whatever you can give). Every penny of the money raised will directly fund clean water projects in developing countries. Even better, charity: water will show us exactly which projects we funded once they've been fully completed (which takes about 18 months). That means we'll know the locations and names of the communities we helped.
Gifts are not important to me this year. Instead, let's help give others the gift of clean water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails